JBehave provides an Eclipse Plugin with a custom JBehave Story Editor:
- Syntax highlighting
- Step hyperlink detection and link to corresponding Java method
- Step autocompletion
- Step validation, detecting both unimplemented steps and ambiguous steps, i.e. matching multiple methods
Other features include the ability to set via a Preference page:
- Syntax color themes
- Story language
- Console logger levels
The JBehave Eclipse plugin has been tested on Indigo (3.7), Juno (4.2) and Kepler (4.3) distributions, using JDK 1.6 or above.
Installation and Updates
Using the Eclipse Installer:
- Help > Install New Software...
- Add the new site location http://jbehave.org/reference/eclipse/updates/
- Select JBehave Eclipse feature and follow standard Eclipse installation procedure
NOTE: If you're behind a company firewall and cannot access the update site, you can download the Eclipse Repository and install
from a local archive.
To update, from the Eclipse Installer:
- Click on What is already installed?
- Select JBehave Eclipse feature and follow standard Eclipse update procedure, if the update is found