Features of JBehave
JBehave is a framework for Behaviour-Driven
Features of JBehave include:
- Pure Java implementation, which plays well with Java-based
enterprises or when interfacing to any environment that exposes
a Java API.
- Users can specify and run text-based user stories, which
allows "out-in" development.
- User stories can be written in JBehave syntax or Gherkin syntax.
- User stories can be specified as classpath resources
or external URL-based resources.
- User stories can be executed concurrently, specifying
the number of concurrent threads.
- User stories can be documented via generic user-defined
meta information that allows easy story filtering and organisation
into story maps.
- Annotation-based binding of textual steps to Java methods,
with auto-conversion of string arguments to any parameter type
(including generic types) via custom parameter converters.
- Annotation-based configuration and Steps class specifications
- Dependency Injection support allowing both configuration and
Steps instances composed via your favourite container (Guice,
PicoContainer, Spring, Weld).
- Groovy scripting supported for writing configuration and
- Extensible story reporting: outputs stories executed in
different human-readable file-based formats (HTML, TXT, XML).
Fully style-able view.
- Story cross reference report format in JSON and XML, consumable
by external applications.
- Auto-generation of pending steps so the build is not broken by
a missing step, but has option to configure breaking build for pending
- Pluggable step prioritising strategy. Strategies bundled in core
include: by priority field and by Levenshtein Distance.
- Localisation of user stories, allowing them to be written in
- IDE integration: stories can be run as JUnit tests or other
annotation-based unit test frameworks, providing easy integration with
your favourite IDE.
- Ant integration: allows stories to be run via Ant task
- Maven integration: allows stories to be run via Maven plugin
at given build phase
Want to learn more?
Started page will get you up and running in no time.